What Is the Best Electric Foot Warmer?
I don’t like the cold, but I, most definitely, don’t like having cold feet. It makes me feel like I can’t feel my feet. Seriously, the cold creates an awful feeling of paralysis, especially during the winter. It’s like my whole body is turning into ice, and I’m not Elsa, you know.
There are many people feeling frozen, like me. We can all agree that the main reason for that is cold feet. It all starts from there and spreads through the body. Although I, like the rest, dress well and wear thick winter socks and boots (outside) or slippers (at home), my feet are cold anyway.
It was like that until I came across something that changed my life. It’s the electric foot warmers. And, yes, it’ exactly what the name says – a thing that is powered by electricity and warms your feet. But, most importantly, it really helps you warm your feet quickly, thus making you feel comfortable at home.
Doesn’t this sound perfect? If you would also like to have warm feet even in the coldest days and want to give this product a try, you should first learn a bit more about it. There are so many models on the market that it’s hard to decide which one is the right for you. To help you find the best foot warmers on the market and enjoy the cold winter days warm and comfortable at home, we have created this buying guide. So, let’s check it out!
Comparison of the Best Electric Foot Warmers in 2020
Recommended Products on the Market
What Is a Foot Warmer?
First things first, so let’s start with what exactly is a foot warmer before we head to the buying guide. It’s a kind of a giant padded boot that allows you to insert both feet in it to enjoy a comfortable temperature. This product is specially designed to adapt to your feet and keep them warm at all times.
An electric foot warmer is a perfect alternative for all those who want to keep their feet warm in a pleasant and comfortable way. That includes athletes, skiers, construction workers, and any person who suffers from cold feet and wants to warm their feet and keep them that way.
These warmers are made to fit the needs of any type of user. However, there are models specially designed for those who have some type of injury, whether temporary or permanent. In such cases, the foot warmers help the injury heal by accelerating the natural healing process of the body through high temperature.
What Types of Electric Foot Warmers Are There?
The foot-warmer market has grown extensively in recent years to the point that it has begun to specialize and vary with accessories of different types. Indeed, there are so many different models, with different features (special features), and accessories. While having a vast choice is good, it’s also bad because it makes your search for the best foot warmer for you more difficult. In order to get the best electric heating boot based on your needs, you must first know which type of foot warmer is the most suitable for you. That’s why we present you with several products and the most common types of them.
- Traditional foot warmer is the most common type or warmer. It looks like a bag, in which you insert your feet, and then, an electrical system start emitting heat. They are the oldest type of this product and are very useful for home use, especially when you are sitting on the sofa because they help you relax your feet and enjoy the warmth. They usually have quite low prices so anyone can afford them.
- The second most common type are foot warmers with added functions. These warmers are much more versatile because, apart from warming the feet, they also have other functions. The most common model of them is the foot massager. This product, apart from warming your feet also massages them, thus providing you with a comfortable and pleasant massage while your feet warm up.
- On the third place, you can find the foot warmers that you heat in the oven or microwave. They absorb the heat from the oven/microwave, heat up, and transmit that heat to your feet. Sounds weird, right? But, they are actually currently booming, although many more products are now available and at a better price.
- Finally, you can find the highly-efficient electric insoles. This type of warmers warms your feet while wearing them in your shoes. In order to use them, you have to charge them via a USB cable. These insoles also allow you to warm your feet when you do a sport like running or hiking.
Buying Guide for the Best Foot Warmer Shoes in 2020
Want to stop the cold from freezing your feet during the winter? Probably YES. But how to find the right one for your out of the hundreds of models available on the market? It may seem hard, but here’s a short guide with a brief explanation of all the things you should consider when buying a foot warmer.
Does It Work with USB or It Uses an Electrical Outlet?
One of the aspects to take into account when purchasing any product is knowing how it will work. There are thee types of foot warmers based on this feature.
The vast majority of electric foot warmers work by plugging them into an electrical outlet, just like any other power-supplied device.
A small percent of warmers run on battery power. They aren’t very popular because the battery empties every two hours and you have to recharge again, which takes much longer.
Finally, there are foot warmers that work with a USB cable. They don’t give the maximum temperature that the power-supplied ones give but still provide a soft and pleasant heat, thus giving your feet warmth and comfort. They can be connected to any nearby computer as well as an outlet, with a cable that is usually shorter.
The heater power is important for: 1) the speed of heating up and 2) the temperature level. While the speed is not that important, the temperature is. When you use a device that is in direct contact with your skin, especially your feet (which are usually very delicate and sensitive), you should make sure it generates medium heat. It shouldn’t be too hot because it would burn you. Therefore, you should choose a model that is hot enough to take the cold out of our feet.
The power of the foot warmers ranges from 40 W to 100 W. It’s advisable to purchase one that allows you to adjust the interior temperature so you can control it just to the level you want.
Apart from the working power, you should also consider the electrical consumption. There are models that spend a lot of energy but also ones that save energy. When looking for a foot warmer, it’s very important to choose a model that consumes just enough electricity and saves on electricity bills.
Shape and Size
Most electric foot warmers have a similar shape. It is a kind of booty, square, and wide enough to fit both feet comfortably. The insole, or the part of the product that supports your feet, comes in different sizes. In order to buy a warmer that fits your feet, you should first check the size of the insole and the shape of the product. In terms of size, the number of warmer shoes is the same as the number of your shoes. Most of them reach the size 46.
Previously, electric foot warmers had conservative designs and neutral colors. Now, they have a more interesting design and are available in lots of colors. Hence, you can find models with animal shapes, Christmas-themed colors and prints, etc.
Foot warmer shoes are made of similar materials. They are covered with soft and delicate material on the inside on the inside to make your feet feel comfortable. All of them are removable and washable, even at high temperatures, out of hygienic reasons. The outer material is usually harder and stronger to ensure their durability. It’s also washable.
When choosing foot warmer shoes, make sure they are made of high-quality and comfortable fabrics, so that you feel comfortable. Also, you should make sure it’s safe to use and comes with a warranty. Additionally, although not so important, it would be very convenient to have a breathable interior so that the sweat of your feet doesn’t cause any problem, such as toe’s bacteria.
How to Choose the Best Electric Bag to Warm the Feet?
With the coming of winter, many people start experiencing cold feet. For some, the cold is intolerable, so they have to find a way to warm up their feet and keep them as warm as possible. Foot warmers are probably the best way to warm your feet and feel comfortable.
But with the great variety of models available on the market, choosing one can be tricky. To make sure you choose the right one for you, you should consider several aspects, including:
- Style: There are a variety of foot warmers that are perfect for keeping your feet warm. Before choosing your heater, you should consider whether you want to use the device indoors or outdoors. You also have to estimate the duration of wearing (using) your heater. It’s because some people are very sensitive to the type of clothing they wear, so the comfort this product offers is a very important factor.
- Ease of use: No one would like to have equipment that is difficult to use. That’s why you should always consider the convenience of the product and make sure it’s easy to use. It must be very easy to use so it can fulfill its main function quickly. This accessory is specifically designed to provide comfort. Therefore, you should go for products with simple modes of operation and easy controls.
- Comfort: If you want to feel comfortable, the foot warmer bag should be too. Hence, you should choose a model that has a soft inner lining and breathable fabric. The perspiration has to evaporate in order not to turn the warm foot into a nest of bacteria. In addition, you should choose a model that can be washed.
- Security: Having in mind that most types of foot warmers are powered by electricity, you have to make sure it’s safe to use. Also, you should make sure it has security features, such as automatic shutdown. You should always check this feature when you use your device for a long period to prevent overheating.
- Allowed sizes: When it comes to this feature, it’s best to choose an adjustable model. However, if you can’t find it, you can go for the multi-size models, which generally adapt to all types.
- Manufacturing materials: In terms of this factor, it’s ideal to choose one made of polyester and soft materials that don’t disturb the touch and go well with the integrated heating system.
- Easy to wash: The best thing is that this accessory is removable to make cleaning much easier, thus ensuring hygiene.
- Ergonomic control cable and knob: As for the cable and control knob, it’s best to choose a foot warmer that is ergonomic, practical, and easy to use. In this way, you will find it more comfortable and pleasant.
- Price: Foot warmer prices range between $22 for the simplest and $200 for the most sophisticated models. The latter is based on the guarantee of its brand, extra functions, and manufacturing materials.
- Extra Features: Some models don’t just warm your cold feet. They also include features like a massage for even greater comfort during that long winter season. In that way, you will not only enjoy your warm feet but also a massage.
Advantages of Using a Foot Warmer Bag
Electric foot warmers are very practical if you are one of those suffering from cold feet in winter or at any time of the year. As we are constantly looking for a way to stay comfortable, finding this product is a real blessing. But, there are plenty of accessories that do the same or similar thing that it may be hard to decide if a foot warmer is what we need.
To help you make the right decision, we present to you all the advantages of using this product. Those are:
- Foot warmers act immediately, so you can feel your feet very warm in a few minutes, with that much more comfortable at home.
- They are very pleasant, so your feet will be very comfortable inside even during the coldest periods.
- Despite being an accessory that has to be plugged in, foot warmers are very safe because there’s no risk of electric shock.
- Foot warmers are easy to wash as well as very easy to use.
- They are adjustable as not all people like to feel the same heat or aren’t comfortable with the same temperature.
- They can be easily stored anywhere in the house.
- They have a 1.5 m cable, which allows you to plug it in anywhere.
- Foor warmers are one of the best things ever invented and one of the greatest pleasures a person can experience.