What Is the Best Sweet Cotton Machine?
One of my favorite childhood moments was when the fair came to my city and my parents took me there to ride the attractions and have a drink and something to eat. That’s what when I first tried a cotton candy and fell in love with it. It was sweet, soft like a cloud, and so addictive. I loved it!
So, you can imagine my surprise when I came across a cotton candy machine while browsing online. When I saw it, my favorite memory came back and made me feel as if I was a kid. And, I knew I had to buy one.
I guess you’ve all been through that pleasurable moment and would love to experience it again. And, I believe there’s no better way than reviving it with homemade cotton candy. Therefore, in this article, I’ll show you the best sweet cotton machines I’ve found since I started comparing models. With one in your home, you can bring your childhood back and prepare these candies for your kids.
Comparison of the Best Cotton Candy Machines in 2020
Buying Guide of the Best Machines for Homemade Cotton Candy in 2020
All these machines look nice but you still don’t know which one to choose. I get it, the choice is big and you don’t know what to look for in a model. To help you with that, in this part, I’ll explain the most important things and differences between models.
Are They Used with Caramel?
Most sweet cotton machines are used with sugar, either normal or a special one. However, some models allow you to use pieces of crushed candy, like caramel, so you can prepare pieces of cotton of other flavors and with other textures. These machines are perfect for adding even more variety to the process.
What Material Are They Made of?
Most cotton candy machines are made of hard plastic. This material assures you that the machine will perfectly resist the passage of time. It can even resist some blows in case you drop it while preparing the candies.
Are They Easy to Clean?
Although all cotton machines are relatively easy to clean, those with a removable bowl are the easiest. The sugar that remains in the container usually comes out if you leave it to rest with hot water. So, you don’t need to rub or spend too much time cleaning the machine for future use.
What Is a Cotton Candy Machine?
The machine for sweet cotton is, undoubtedly, the main protagonist in all children’s parties and gatherings. That’s why, every time we see a cotton candy, our childhood memories come back. In fact, it reminds us of fairs, fun, music, celebration, and joy. I guess cotton candies were a must-have at the fairs or similar events. So, it’s no wonder why many people decide to buy a sweet cotton machine that is easy to use.
How Does a Cotton Candy Machine Work?
The operation of a cotton candy machine is very simple. You put sugar in the container and let it heat for a few minutes. The heat will melt the sugar in more or less time depending on the type of sugar or if you use candy. Once melted, the turns of the container cool the sugar again in the form of threads. Then, you collect them with a wooden or plastic stick. The more sugar you add and the more evenly it melts, the bigger the cotton candy you have.
How Is Cotton Candy Made?
Although we’ve described the process briefly above, here are the exact steps you must take when making cotton candy.
- Step 1 – It’s nice to have special or colored sugar for this type of product as it gives a better result than conventional sugar and a more authentic flavor.
- Step 2 – Add sugar in the central compartment of the machine. Then, activate the ignition. You will see how it spins at high speed. Wait for the engine to warm up.
- Step 3 – When the motor starts to heat up, the appliance will start releasing a trickle of sugar. Then, come to the machine with your stick trying not to touch the disc or the internal mechanism. Spin the stick so that everything winds around it. And, voila – you have cotton candy!
Parts of a Cotton Candy Machine
- Bowl – The bowl is the place where the sugar starts to accumulate. When the motor heats up, threads appear in this part and accumulate quickly. So, you can collect as much tread as you need depending on your needs and the size of your family. Once the motor is warm, it takes very little time to generate new cotton candy again.
- Dispenser – It’s the place where the cotton candy comes out. You have to bring the stick closer to this part to start rolling the sugar.
- Motor – The motor is what “spins” the sugar. It pushes the sugar to the ends to heat it and turns it into threads. The power of the motor allows you to make sugar faster.
- Engine tank – It’s the place where you add the sugar. Although it’s not necessary to have a lot of sugar to make balls of considerable size, it’s recommended to have a good deposit so that you can make cotton in a time as short as possible. Having enough accumulated sugar also helps you make smaller or bigger candies, based on your preferences and the size of your family.
- Heater – This is the most important part of the machine as it’s responsible for heating the sugar. Once heated, it transforms it into the threads that make the cotton. Its power partly determines how long it takes for the material to heat up and how much sugar it can heat at once. Hence, if you want to have a faster and better cotton machine, you should consider spending a bit more on a model with a better-quality heater.
- Heater protector – An important part that protects from burns and other unfortunate events. It’s especially important if children are going to use the machine. Having in mind that the heater reaches a high temperature, it’s important that the cotton candy machine features a protector to avoid any displeasure.
How to Use a Machine for Making Cotton Candy?
Using this appliance is quite easy and simple. After you set it up, you just have to turn it on and wait a few minutes to warm up. Then, you take the appropriate amount of sugar according to the portions you are going to prepare. You can add coloring or artificial flavor and mix it with the sugar. Also, you can buy sugar that is indicated for these machines.
Then, you add the mixture with dye, sugar, or caramel in the center of the machine, through the hole in the funnel while it’s spinning and turning the sugar into small threads. When the threads appear, you can collect them by rolling them around a paper cone or a wooden toothpick to get the desired size of candy.
Once you make the first candy, you repeat the process until there’s no more thread. When all done, you can give the cotton clouds to your relatives and friends and enjoy their rich flavor.
In order to use your machine properly, you should follow the instructions provided. They will help you better understand its elements, use, and the steps you should follow for preparing a delicious cotton candy.
What Are the Best Cotton Candy Machines in 2020?
Are you one of those people who anxiously wait for the city fests to enjoy delicious cotton candy? If yes, You’d be happy to know that you no longer have to wait that long to taste the cotton clouds as, now, you can make them yourself at home using a sweet cotton machine. The candies won’t only look but will also taste as if they’ve been made with professional machines.
Here are the best types of sweet cotton machines.
Cotton Candy Machine with Measuring Spoon
This is the perfect appliance for those who want to enjoy these sweets at the comfort of their home and prepare delicious cotton candies at the birthday parties of the youngest in the house.
This model is a plate of approximately 10.63 inches that includes wooden sticks you can use to prepare cotton candies. It’s simple and easy to work with so even children can use it under adult supervision. It’s a reliable device with non-slip feet and great stability.
Electric Cotton Candy Machine
This is a very attractive model because it has bright colors and pastels and is very useful for making original cotton candies. Not only they taste sweet but also have all the fluffiness of the candies you ate at fairs. So, you get a machine with which your can make the beloved candies from the comfort of your home.
The electric cotton candy machine is great and very easy to use. It comes with a measuring spoon and bamboo sticks for gripping the candy well. However, you must be careful of the central part as it usually heats up quickly. Apart from the excellent features, this model is one of the cheapest equipment on the market. So, you get all the cotton candies you want for a very low price. Can it get better than that?
Stainless Steel Cotton Candy Machine
This device has a bit more tempered design than the previous ones. Apart from its light colors, its control panel and overall appearance make it a desirable device. With it, you can prepare up to 7 pieces of cotton per minute. If you have more experience, you can make a few more.
The stainless steel cotton candy machine allows you to regulate the temperature, voltage, and other sections from its keypad. In that way, you can ensure that the fluffiness of the cotton is perfect for the consumer’s taste.
Automatic Machine for Preparing Sweet Cotton
This machine meets all your expectations, allowing you to make a delicious sweet in a very short time. It has an affordable price and great quality if maintained properly. If you take good care of it, cleaning it after each use, you will enjoy this product for many years without any problem.
This model is made of high-quality components you can wash in the dishwasher. In this way, you will save your time and will get the professional hygiene of the elements. It’s perfect for those who aren’t looking for and aesthetic product but one that provides the best results.
Which Cotton Candy Machine to Buy?
There are many inexpensive cotton candy machines on the market. They are accessible and of very good quality. Due to the great variety, you can choose the model that suits you best. You should choose the model based on your preferences and needs. Hence, if you have a sweet cotton sales business, you should go for a professional one. On the other hand, if you just want to make candies at home, you should get one that is suitable for you and your kids. Now, let’s check out the two types of sweet candy machines.
Sweet Cotton Machine for Kids
It’s a fact that all children love parties and hanging out with their friends. And, if you add clouds of sugar candies to this, the fun multiplies. If you want to give that enjoyment to your kids, this type of cotton machine is perfect for you. Everyone can use it, even the smallest ones, under adult supervision. It comes with sticks for grabbing the cotton threads.
Professional Cotton Candy Machine
This type of sweet candy machine is for professional use. What makes them a great choice is that they offer high performance. They are suitable for all kinds of events, parties, or meetings, where a large production of candies is required as they can make up to 7 sweets per minute.
Moreover, they offer many possibilities for adapting the cotton candy to consumers’ tastes. You to make everything from animals to flowers and other shapes.
They usually have a fuse that protects against electrical problems, a removable pot for easy cleaning, and some even have a cart inserted for easier portability.
There are two types of industrial cotton machines:
- Cotton machines with wheels: These have wheels which makes them perfect for rental and easy to transport at children’s parties, festivities, and fairs.
- Cotton machines without wheels: These devices are also suitable for large production and are ideal for kiosks, shops, cafes, among others.
Why Buy a Cotton Candy Machine?
Being in love with these fluffy candies or having kids who love them is a reason enough for buying a cotton candy machine. Having one at home will allow you to make sweet cotton at any time. Plus, you can use it with your kids so you will have fun making candies together. But, if this isn’t enough reason to buy a cotton candy maker, here are a few others:
- Make cotton candies at home for your family and friends and enjoy their delicious taste together. With a cotton candy machine at home, you can make candies whenever you want as many as you like.
- Give as a gift for the little ones – Whether it’s for their birthday to Christmas, you can give a cotton candy maker to your kids. They will be thrilled to have it and will learn how to make candies under your supervision.
- It’s very easy to use so everyone can use it, even your kids (supervised). There are no skills nor any special knowledge needed.
- Making cotton candies is as simple as it can be. All you have to do is use the measuring spoon to measure the right amount of sugar. Then, you put it into the container, choose the appropriate power according to the amount you are going to prepare, and start to grasp the cotton with the chopsticks.
- You can make sugar clouds with a little practice in the movement of the chopsticks. You have to know how to move them in order to grasp the cotton threads the machine is producing.
- Cleaning the cotton candy maker is very simple. This machine usually has a metal or plastic cup in which cotton candy is produced. You can remove it to make cleaning easier. All you need to do is use the usual cleaning products to rinse the container. You will get an optimal result with a little effort. Apart from cleaning the cup, you should also maintain good hygiene of the other components of the machine. In that way, you will prevent it from deteriorating and will keep it in good condition for years.
How to Choose a Cotton Candy Making Machine?
There are various brands and models of cotton candy machines on the market. That’s why you have to pay attention to some features when choosing a cotton machine. In that way, you will ensure you choose the best machine. Those features are:
Generally, power refers to the speed at which the cotton is produced. It depends on the type of device to be used. Hence, the models for home use have power from 200 to 500 watts whereas the professional ones reach up to 1000 watts (in the electronic models).
There are also models that run on gas and battery. The first ones have a valve to regulate the temperature whereas the second ones are 12 volts.
Most cotton candy machines are pastel-colored to look pretty in any kitchen. There are also machines with vintage decoration, which are currently in. Moreover, there are models with children’s designs, which are specially designed for the smallest in the house.
While the design is important, we suggest you take a look at the quality of the machine before its design. In order to do this, you need to study the best brands pf cotton candy makers on the market.
When choosing a machine for making cotton candy, it’s recommended to be made of stainless steel because they are the most resistant ones and of the highest quality. So, they will last for a long time. However, they are more expensive than the others.
Apart from the stainless steel ones, these machines are made of a mixture of plastic with steel or other material. Although more affordable, they aren’t of high quality nor durable.
Possibility of Using Candies
Most machines require sugar and some flavorings to make cotton candies. But, some models allow you to use crushed sweets for making the candies. In this way, you have the option to use different sweeteners, such as diet or sugar-free sweets, to enjoy a sweet with few calories.
Easy Cleaning and Maintenance
These devices are usually very easy to clean. That’s why all you will need is a cloth and hot water to remove the sugar remains from the bowl, dispenser, tank, and the other elements that need cleaning. In order to keep it clean and have it ready for next use, you should clean it after each use.
Use and Utility
Buying a cotton candy machine is an excellent decision. It allows you to make cotton candies at the parties and entertain your kids. You can also combine these candies with other foods and more treats for ultimate sugar fun.
Additionally, you can give a cotton candy maker as a gift to your kids who love experimenting in the kitchen. It will ensure they have fun at all times while teaching them how to make cotton clouds.
Homemade cotton candy machines are compact in size, just like any other appliance. They have small dimensions so you can easily transport them from one place to another. And, you can easily store them in any corner of your kitchen.
The price of this appliance usually varies based on its features. One factor that determines their price is their design and purpose. In this aspect, they can be industrial or for home. Another factor that changes their price is their silent operation. Some machines can operate without any noise, which is convenient, especially if you feel like having cotton candy at midnight.
Aside from the factors, you can find cotton candy makers from $30, for home use, to over $100, for the professional ones. Their exact price will depend on their power and objective.